 Robotics / 10329
Re: stopping a motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:40:11 GMT

If the motor still moves under weight after the Off() command you can use a
worm gear on the motor. The worm gear can drive the following gears but not
vice versa.

Regards,
Stefan

Jay <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
is there a command for ncq the lock a motor in place, sorta opposite to the
float command?  I have a arm that i have made and it sits sorta like a crane
with a motor to rotate it up and down.  Problem is i need it to stop at the
bottom to pick an object and move up and stay locked.  I've used all motors
and outputs so i was hoping for a software solution.

thanx.