 Robotics / 10291
10290  |  10292
Subject:
ver 1.0 vs ver 1.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:26:55 GMT

I did pick up a second set last night and was careful to get ver 1.0 of the
Mindstorms
RIS this time.  I wanted a brick with the external power connector.

The test sheet is very different from the 1.5 and the 1.5 seems to make a
lot more
sense.  The constructopedia is very different also.

The biggest negative about the 1.5 seems to be that it only includes two of the
grey right angle plates while the inventory on the 1.0 shows 4 of these unique
parts.

Shop at Home has a pack of hinges and turntables.  The hinges include two
very large ones like 2x4 plates joined at the end.  These make great mounts
for light sensors which can be set to any angle.  Photo at

www.aloha.net/~mburger