 Robotics / 10280
Re: Version 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:18:17 GMT

I think the 1.0 w/free 1.5 upgrade is a pretty good deal.  I just got one of
the "sticker" sets for Christmas and ordered the free (actually $4 for
shipping) upgrade.  You get the brick with the power connector, all of the
RIS 1.0 parts and all of the parts that are in 1.5 and not in 1.0 (they come
with the upgrade).  Good deal.  I was pretty happy.

--Ron

"Mike Burger" <mike@hawaii.edu> wrote in message
One the shelves locally are Mindstorms sets that have big stickers that • say
something like "free upgrade to 1.5 available"

These seems to indicate they are version 1.0

I bought my first set from Shop and Home and it was the latest 1.5 • version, no
sticker, no upgrade and no 12 volt connector.

I was considering getting one of the local off the shelf units for my • second
set.
Hoping it will contain a brick with the 12 volt connector.

Any reason not to get a 1.0 set?  Such as worries about firmware burned • into
it etc.  Assuming one already has a 1.5 set?