 Robotics / 1021
Re: LEGO Hexapod Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:28:25 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Jason Cooper) writes:

http://www.robotstore.com/lego_hexapod_frame.html

Let's see...  I find it slightly difficult to understand how it works,
but it seems like the centre legs only tilt up/down, and the front/rear
legs only move back/forward.  Furthermore, the front/rear legs on the
left side move independently of those on the right side, but the front
left leg and rear left leg always move simultaneously, since they are
connected with a shaft.  Is this correct?

The design looks very simple and efficient.  It gave me a few ideas
indeed.  Thanks!

So there are a total of three degrees of freedom, and a similar vehicle
may very well be made on the basis of CyberMaster or Mindstorms, but
maybe not that compact and light.

I'm working on an eight legged CyberMaster walker right now, but my
design will have (if it is finished...) legs that move both up/down and
forward/backward.  This requires a much more complicated design, so I
may dump it for some time to try the triple gait cycle design in stead.

Fredrik