 Robotics / 10154
  Re: IR tower mains powered

Yes, I have mounted a jack that accepts the plug of a 9V 500mA adapter on the back of one of my IR towers. Then I soldered the wires from the jack to the metal plates that are also the tower battery contacts. It been working great for almost a year (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: IR tower mains powered

(...) I fixed that by cutting a piece of fairly stiff foam just a big longer than a 9 V cell - this holds the 9V adapter plug firmly against the plates and will not affect the warranty of your tower. If you like, I can do a little write up with (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)