 Robotics / 10091
Re: I'm sick of nqc (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:36:48 GMT

This really belongs in a thread further down. Maybe it's just my
newsreader....

"Jim Choate" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.3.96.1000115083237.15842H-100000@einstein.ssz.com...
Hi Arjen,

Hi Jim,

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:47:21 GMT
From: Arjen Gerstel <a.gerstel@inter.nl.net>
Subject: Re: I'm sick of nqc

I found the tutorial quite helpful, but then I'm an experienced C
programmer. Be aware that programming in an language like C (or NQC) is
not something you learn from scratch in one day. Stick with the standard
Mindstorms software if you haven't got the patience.

Don't confuse patience with experience. There is a reason I would VERY
much like to see something like Logo as the entry level language for
I don't think I am confusing the two. The original posting shouts impatience
to me. Check it out please.

robotics. And this is one of them. The current toolset for Logo is either
simplisticly useless or else unnecessarily complex.

People like to address one another by name. Put yours in your postings
(unless you are really called 'lego-robotics'). Just a first name will
do fine.

What (s)he calls themselves is none of your business. Stick to robots and
quite pushing your beliefs.
Please don't confuse pushing beliefs with pointing out to someone that (s)he
is behaving in a way that might be considered impolite or counterproductive.
I won't fall for your trick of calling facts beliefs, thereby suggesting
they may not be true.
I don't want to know who posts messages, and I don't care if someone uses a
real of fake name, as long as I can adress him/her in a normal polite way.
Sorry, that's just the way we are down here.

Regards,

Arjen from the Netherlands
(apologies for my shoddy English, it's a foreign language to me)