 Robotics / 10012
Re: How old are you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:14:53 GMT

Sorry for being off-topic ...

I'm not sure they're currently airing in the U.S. (although they're probably
available on Satellite). You can get just over half of the episodes via
Columbia House's RE-TV monthly shipments; for some reason (I think someone
else owns them now), they have not continued the series.

You can also get the entire series on Japanese laser disc (in English) for
$1,500, I'm told. Also, be warned, there are a few commercially available
tapes of highly edited versions that aired for a very short time on Fox.
They mash one-hour programs into a half hour, and have eliminated all the
repetitive shots (some fool decided they were unnecessary--but every fan of
the show will tell you that that watching _Thunderbird 1_ get into launch
position or seeing _Thunderbird 2_ take off were the coolest parts of the
program; I think this same guy ended up at TLG to design the "Fright
Knights" line of sets.).

And you'll find the two _Thunderbirds_ feature films, _Thunderbirds Are Go!_
and _Thunderbird 6_ at amazon.com on video (buy from my site at
www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/books.htm and I get a small commission).
We have the Columbia House series and the two films. As I expected, my son
Isaac "Machine Boy" loves them as much as I did, and (thankfully), my wife
is a big fan as well.

For everything you ever wanted to know about _Thunderbirds_ or
SuperMarionation in general, see http://www.gis.net/~fm/ .

I saw them on channel 6 out of Providence, Rhode Island, growing up living
in Easton, Massachusetts.

--We now return to our regularly scheduled list server ...