 Quatro / 10
9  |  11
Subject:
New Quatro bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.quatro, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:27:55 GMT

Hi,

Just got set 5356, the medium sized Quatro bucket.

And it's correct, the bricks are made of softer plastic (and they look VERY MUCH
like MB's pre-school bricks!).
In fact, the plastic is so soft, that the bricks have very little gripping
power. That may be good for little hands to seperate them, but any average
developed butterfly can get two bricks to seperate by a flick of its wing.

I must admit, I have a hard time imaging why TLC would think they needed
something in between the PRIMO and the DUPLO ranges; if thet want to compete
with MB, I don't think this kind of mirroring the MB set-up is the right way to
go.

For AFOL's thinking about using QUATRO as filler in Lego System MOC's, forget
it. Softer plastic, a little difference in colors, low gripping power, it's just
not going to work. Keep with DUPLO for filling.

Arne, Copenhagen