 Publishing / HTML / 437 (-10)
  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Sorry about my repitiveness but heres the pictures again because they havent worked Heres my Idea! I know it doesnt look much different -- Jeff The small “MY LUGNET” lego smiley referrs to this post (2 URLs) this is my second idea (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) SNIP (...) I tried to come up with a few simplified & fun designs for pages, my fave being this (within this thread, but linked so you don't have to wade thru posts again): (URL) one of the great suggestions i got was that the images may be a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Man am I behind in my reading/posting. The Spacers have a Seed Part of the Month... it seems to generate some (a LOT OF!) neat creations. Not all seed parts are "cool", IIRC, some were chosen to be "challenging" to incorporate, so maybe it's a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) You designs are good but the problem I have with them is color, too much of it to be specific. Notice how LUGNET's current main page is all one color theme with localized centers of other colors. This, to me, is more pleasing to the eye than (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I agree. -Tim (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I think it'd be good if people's ideas use (URL) as a base. (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

How about a page that we create ourselves out of options that are kept ion a cookie? Let me explain. The first time you come to Lugnet, you get a general page welcoming you and with a clear menu to personnalize the front page. When you go to the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Hi, Some clarifications below... --Todd (...) This could also be on a "tab" or something someone selects on the homepage, rather than the very first things someone sees. (...) To clarify this, I meant for there to be submissions and proposals, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Jeff, While this latest version is indeed simpler, it still has one thing to it: it's image-heavy. People on dialup on a slow day are going to get frustrated while they sit there waiting for a bunch of big graphics to load. In my mind, it (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I just picked Hebrew as an example. :) While I agree that we should be aiming for international compliance, I think there's only so far that we can go. It would not be a good thing to just align everything down the centre of the page to make (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact