 Publishing / HTML / 307 (-5)
  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) I think that might make more work for the user than is strictly necessary. If the server detects changes automatically (or if JS disabled the "Post" button automatically), then it eliminates a step. --Todd (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) Todd, I was justing post a blog when i thought of something (well, saw how the blog did it) - one the page where you compose the text, it has one button that says "preview". when you hit it, you go to a page with the text, but you are unable (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

Quoting "Brian H. Nielsen" <70401.2635@compuserve.com>: (...) The problem is, that if you have two buttons, one says "Post" and one says "Preview", people would assume they're in the same form. I know I will. You can put multiple forms on the same (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) People already deal with multiple forms on a page and are used to the fact that the button they click is relevant only for the data on that form. The current Message Preview page is layed out in a manner that clearly suggests it is 2 different (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) That part sounds great to me. (...) And this part also sounds great -- except for one thing: What if someone makes edits in the lower form, but then clicks the "Post" button in the top form? --Todd (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact