 Publishing / HTML / 301
  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) I like that idea. In fact I could even implement that immediately without any CRC or JS. That's a great idea, Brian, thanks! The top half would have only a "Post" button (and the "E-mail me a copy" checkbox) and the bottom half would have only (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) People already deal with multiple forms on a page and are used to the fact that the button they click is relevant only for the data on that form. The current Message Preview page is layed out in a manner that clearly suggests it is 2 different (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

Quoting "Brian H. Nielsen" <70401.2635@compuserve.com>: (...) The problem is, that if you have two buttons, one says "Post" and one says "Preview", people would assume they're in the same form. I know I will. You can put multiple forms on the same (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) I agree with Dan...especially in light of how it's always been (a single form). (...) I'm not sure. Can you point me to specific examples of "bad wrapping in the quoted text"? One thing that I am aware of, however, is a -lack- of wrapping long (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) Well, I assumed it was already 2 forms until I looked at the actual HTML. To me the horizontal rule between the 2 sections delineated the forms. If others assert they would be confused by 2 forms in this fashion what can I say? Perhaps there (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)