 Publishing / Cinema / 20
19  |  21
Subject:
Movie making ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.cinema
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:57:41 GMT

Just for fun I thought I would post a few movie-making ideas in the rare
event that someone was looking for ideas...

1.  "First Contact."  LEGO minifigs come face to face with a competitive toy
line such as Playmobil, K'NEX, etc.  There are numerous, humorous and
entertaining things that can be done with this idea.
2.  LEGO RACERS come to life.  I would love to see someone playing LEGO
RACERS or a similar LEGO MEDIA title and see the bricks come out of the
screen and drive around the room and battle it out just like the game.
3.  "The Bucket!"  Looking down into a newly purchased bulk brick bucket it
appears to be alive.  Stop motion animation could turn this into a funny
film or an intriguing mystery or horror film.
4.  Pirates! I would love to see a high seas battle or a ruthless treasure
hunt. Heck, anything Pirate related would be cool.

I own set 1349 and think it is a lot of fun.  I have only had about an hour
to play with it but I was able to construct a stop motion helicopter (from a
Shell promo. set) in which the minifig builds it, jumps in and flies around
the room.  I was able to get filming and producing without reading a single
instruction so I thought it was great.  My movie is only about 20 seconds
long and poorly composed but it was rewarding nonetheless.

If I can find some time, I will try to create and post some movies in the
future.

I look forward to seeing LEGO movie announcements on this newsgroup!  The
2001 movie was great! More, more, more...