 Publishing / Brick Journal / 264
Re: BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:35:08 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
   I just received my printed issue of BrickJournal today, and I must say how much more I have enjoyed reading it and turning real pages than just scroling my mouse through the digital version!

Thanks! It is a slightly different game getting things to print - everything now is done three months ahead of schedule instead of the night before:-)!

And having a real mag is a very different feeling.

   Since RailBricks has come out, there are noticably fewer pages on trains though. Joe, please don’t forget about the train enthusiasts (and the article I asked for)!

Hm. I assumed that RB would be the place where the train enthusiasts go, and its voice is more specialized that the Journal’s. It’s also not my intention to step on any toes (at least not intentionally), so I haven’t pressed hard for train related materials since RB started up.

However, since you bring it up, I will look into putting train-related materials. I will keep up with the Power Functions train information as much as possible, but that is something I don’t see any info becoming public until the fall at the earliest. The next issue is being worked on right now (and it’s pretty neat!) so there may not be an article, but I will try.

As for your article idea...I have to figure who to contact!!!

   If you haven’t already purchased one, or bought a subscription, I highly recommend it. Every page is printed on high quality, high gloss paper. It is almost as thick as a Popular Mechanics, and I have spent almost two hours looking through it and reading the articles. There’s even a little bit about the upcoming Indiana Jones and Batman video games!

There’s more stuff coming too:-) - things just get more interesting here:-)!

Thanks again to all who help support BrickJournal, Scott

Yes - thanks to everyone!

Joe Meno (who is wondering where all the newsstand copies are, as I can’t seem to find them in my town!)