 Publishing / Brick Journal / 261
Re: One pile o' announcements from BrickJournal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:14:57 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Kevin Salm wrote:

(snip)

   Yes, many thanks to all who have contributed and worked on BrickJournal since before day one.

The group subscription sounds great. What a neat offering.

My question -- is there the possibility for more than one printing run of any edition of BrickJournal? I am just wondering how long each volume will be available. Should people stock up now in case there is never another print run in the future?

There’s always a possibility, but it will take a bit before another printing run is done. If there is enough immediate demand, it can happen. With the quantity ordered by the newsstand distributor, I suspect that there will be a small number (1 or 2) at each bookstore.

Should people stock up with multiple copies? I’m not so sure about that. Should you get your personal copy? By all means:-).

For those in the New England area, there is another distributor that has ordered for smaller newsstands, so you guys are in a better position to get an issue.

   As far as printed version of the back issues -- I’m slightly confused by the edition-volume labels. It sure would be easier if they were just numbered 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 101, 102, etc. (publishers tech-speak is hard for us dumb people to understand).

But I take the statement to mean all previous digital versions will eventually be printed, correct ?? Will the back issues be a single-copy printed or multiple issue per binding?? Not that it matters, just want to know what to plan for.

You got it. The back issues will be available in compilations. The first one (which I am working on now) has issues 1-3. compilations were decided on because they can be placed in bookstores, where the books have a much longer shelf life than a quarterly.

Renumbering made sense because of the media change, and the new exposure BrickJournal now will have - if the issue had kept previous numbering, there would have been questions about the previous issues. I probably will not refer to volumes after this issue is released.

Joe

   Kevin Salm
LUCNY