 Publishing / 940
    Re: Lego at Gerf.Org —Mike Stanley
   (...) Hrmmm.... reaching back to my tcp/ip class (back burner stuff since I won't be testing on it for a month at least) - doesn't a fully qualified domain name, by definition, include the host name? (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego at Gerf.Org —Matthew Miller
   (...) Sure. But a FQDN is different from a "domain name". That's what the "Fully-Qualified" part is there for. :) FQDN = host name + domain name. Therefore, by definition, host name is not a part of domain name. (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego at Gerf.Org —Matthew Miller
   That last message should have had Followup-To set to lugnet.publish. Sorry. (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general)