 Publishing / 91
Re: Mindstorms photo critique wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:53:54 GMT

In article <F1L2Mq.Ks1@lugnet.com>, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

Tim Rueger (rueger@io.com) asked for comments on the pictures located at
<URL:http://www.io.com/%7Erueger/lego/tmp/>.

I think you should use a slightly darker background (green baseplates?) and
a longer shutter time. And there is no need to transmit a lot of background,
so you should crop the pictures closer to the models.

Ah.  The photos are already cropped from the originals.
My white background was telling my light meter that I
should expose for a shorter time than the model requires.
I'll have to rig up some darker backgrounds.  Good tip.

This was also my first attempt at using a telephoto lens
from about 3m away.  It gave me pretty good depth of field
(which unfortunately doesn't come thru well on the low-res
scans I want for web publishing), but I may have to go back
to a normal lens to increase the image size on the frame to
get the exposure more correct.

Thanks for the help.
-Tim

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/