 Publishing / 674
Re: LEGO requirements - Using LEGo trademark in Webpages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:00:14 GMT

Well, I am glad I am not the only one confused! :) I have the disclaimer and
capitals and everything, but it still is a little foggy.

Scott Sanburn

Scott Sanburn

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.publish, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

    My apologies, I am not used to using the web interface in regards to
posting messages. Anyway, I looked over LEGO's posting on using their
treademark (Namely LEGO) I have put it in capitol letters and put the reserved
mark next to it. Now, in regards to page names (namely .html files)I have
several that are legoindex.html and so forth. Is this a violation of this? I
want to know, because I want to get my page as good and accurate as I can get.
Any assiatance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I remember from reading their "Fair Play" policies that TLG itself is a little
confused by the issue of URLs and so on.  In one place, they seem to indicate
that the word "LEGO" should appear nowhere in the domain name, but then later
they refer to that as the "URL".  It's a fairly common mistake for
non-technical people to make (distinguishing between the basic domain name and
a URL) in this day and age when the Web is such a big marketing tool.

So, for myself, I have just named my Lego page lego.html, and if I get a call
from Lego's attorney's, I'll gladly change it and apologise.

Of course, now that I think about it, I have many other things there they would
be displeased with (no disclaimer, the word Lego not being all caps)... I
should fix those.

eric