 Publishing / 620
619  |  621
Subject:
stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:56:19 GMT

I've made some adjustments to the statistics page
(http://www.kl.net/scans/Stats).  I'm now excluding
301 (moved permanently) errors that occur when someone types
or references

/scans

instead of /scans/

This causes 2 entries in the log file for one request because the
correct URL is then accessed automatically by the browser.
I'm keeping 304 errors (server not modified) because that indicates
someone is accessing the url again, but it's cached in their browser.
(incidentally 304's don't count twards the total byte count because
apache enters a "-" in the byte field for 304's).  I wonder why
it doesn't record the byte count of the response like 301's do.
When you are tracking byte count, usually you're interested in
everything.