 Publishing / 553
Re: Lots of requests for "favicon.ico"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 01:19:56 GMT

It would be fun to create a 1600x1280 icon that says
"Internet Explorer 5 does not work correctly on this site,
Please upgrade to Netscape"

KL

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Have any of you noticed the sudden appearance of lots of
requests for a file name "favicon.ico" on your web sites?

The explanation is apparently that MSIE5 uses this file as a
part of the bookmark for your page.

I think it could be fun to support this feature, but does
any of you know a (Linux, AIX, DOS, or Digital Unix) program
that can convert ordinary image file formats (such as PPM,
PNG, and GIF) to the MS icon file format?

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --