 Publishing / 4574
4573  |  4575
Subject:
Batch cropping photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:17:48 GMT

After I take a bunch of photos, I always need to crop them to the important
part, especially since my viewfinder isn't very accurate. However, the part I
want to keep varies in size and position, so a generic action won't do the
trick.

Has anyone figured out a way to pause Photoshop in the middle of an batch
processing action, and then continue the action after you've made the selection
you want?

I know you can turn on dialogue boxes...but I can't find a way to crop photos
through a dialogue. I also see you can insert a "stop" in the actions, but (at
least in PS7) it won't let you do anything to the image while it's paused. If
you hit stop, the whole batch operation ends...

Any ideas?
--Bram