 Publishing / 449
Re: New LEGO Backgrounds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 15:41:31 GMT

legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) writes:
Here's the URL:
http://chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/LEGO/bg/

They look pretty good, Bram.  What tiling utility did you use?

Thanks!  I just used know how hexagons tile, I didn't use any utilities.

Have you thought about offering them as .gif's?  The appearance might
look a little sharper.  The .jpg's have some apparent artifacting that
makes them look a little blurry.

Thanks for the suggestion; it works well! I was afraid saving them as
gifs would make them too rasterized.  However, since the colors are so
close together, that's not a problem.  The file size increases to a
little over 5K, but since they are gifs, they load faster than low
quality jpgs.  I'll put up the gif versions ASAP.  If anyone uses these,
please let me know!
--Bram