 Publishing / 4128
Re: Brickshelf problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:54:50 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Tim Strutt writes:
I have been trying to upload pictures for the last 48hrs to Brickshelf, with
very limited success. In about 50+ upload attempts, only a couple of files
have made it through. I know at least one other person who is having a similar
problem.
I have tried scaling my upload file size down to about 3Meg, but even single
files (~40K) don't even make it through.
Is Brickshelf having a service problem?
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Just to clarify a couple things, my initial upload was a 15.4M zip file
(~160 jpg's), and I have since broken it up into <4M zip files.
If I delete a folder and recreate with the same name, it is worse.
If I create a brand new folder with a new name, I can upload a single jpg,
then one zip file of 18 jpg's, but after that, nothing seems to work.
Is there a max number of files per directory, or a max storage size per account?
Or is this a timeout issue for large uploads?
I noticed when uploading single jpg's to a new directory, that the time
from hitting the upload button to the directory appearing with thumbnails
seems to increase proportionately with the number of files in the directory.
I would like to have all these pictures from our train show go into the
same directory (155 jpg's, ~15.2M), but it is increasingly appearing as if
this will not happen.
Any help?

Tim Strutt