 Publishing / 4036
Re: Website hosting and help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:27:06 GMT

Ok first off, what software are you using to code your pages and what
software have you got to ftp (file transfer protocol).

Personally I think you ought to first take some time and research web design
if you haven't already done so. http://www.webmonkey.com is about the best
darn place to learn. There you can understand the mechanics of almost all
web techniques and tricks.

After that you are going to need to sit down and draw out a crude site map.
This will allow you to plan how to arrange and help connect all your files
and pages without going back a thousand times to change links. This also
will help you streamline your pages and put them into catagories. Finally it
helps you determine the best way to organize and utilize your precious
server space so you get the most out of it.

Next I suggest getting a free hosting site like http://www.tripod.com I like
tripod better than geocities because you can choose to have on page adds or
popups and the popups can be minimized or closed with ONE click instead two
for the damn geocities thing.

After that, who knows...your own domain... own dedicted server... ahhhh if I
only had money....

out
Tony Knaak
http://www.ozbricks.com/legostuff/index.html