 Publishing / 3929
Re: Whoops! Correction re: image conversion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.publish, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.publish, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Does anyone, *anyone* out there know how to make a .dwf file into something
useful, like a .jpg or a .gif?  I've got a pair of fantastic .dwf files that
I can view in a viewer here at work - they're two side views of a train that
I'd like to include on a poster - but I can't for the life of me get them
saved in any useful format.  I've scanned the web for utilities, but none of
them have worked satisfactorily yet.  One or two are functional, but they
lose so much resolution that it's not worth it.

  Actually, I read ".dxf" and somehow misread it as a dwf.  But
  VoloView will get you as far as a .dxf or an .xml, and maybe
  you can take it from there:

  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/section/0,,837637-123112,00.html

  Again, it's a freebie.  Yay!  (TurboCad will apparently take
  your conversion the full 100 yards.)

Lindsay, you're a lifesaver!

I tried voloview, but it wasn't performing as advertised ... but then I went to
Turbocad!  Free 15 day trial!  And more functionality than I could possibly
hope to comprehend!   It took me a while to wend my way through all of the
interface and find what I was looking for, but at the end, I got exactly what I
was after:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sullis3/Trains/Hudson/Dev/hudson464dims.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sullis3/Trains/Hudson/Dev/hudson464parts.jpg

Now, aren't those pretty?  I was so pleased to stumble on those, since they fit
right in with my current Hudson project.

Thanks again, Lindsay.

-s