 Publishing / 383
382  |  384
Subject:
Banner Ads on the CLSotW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 15:13:18 GMT

Just realised something that may or may not be an issue.

The banner ads page
http://lugnet.com/cool/banners/
requires that the banners themselves be kept elsewhere. This is
reasonable. Todd can't go hosting a bazillion banners. But, there is a
small potential problem. If you have your site on Xoom, you cannot
create images that are linked from elsewhere, Xoom will instead return
an image that points out that you can't do that.

Now, Robin Werner has a Xoom site, and he got round it by keeping his
image elsewhere. Should the rules point out that you might need to find
another place to host your image? Should suggestions be made? Those have
a tendency to go stale.

Is this not even an issue? Obviously I have too much time on my hands
right now. I'm stuck in Minneapolis for at least most of the day, and
maybe the whole weekend.

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.