 Publishing / 3787
Re: New appreciation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:45:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nicole Drumm writes:
I have a new appreciation for people who make Lego
stop motion video.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/general/test.avi
I have a question. Why for such a short video is the file so large?

Wow. It might be the codec you're using... I counted only 7? frames, at
640x480 resolution, and barely over 3 megabytes. That just sounds too large.
Dunno if changing codec's would help or not... You might want to check the
jpeg compression quality on your photos and tone it down, or perhaps just
resize the avi down to 320x240, which should theoretically cut down the size
to 1/4 (probably more like 1/3, but still...)

DaveE