 Publishing / 3730
Re: Search is Back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 05:56:42 GMT

In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
The search function is back, faster and better than before.  It now
searches folder names, folder keywords, folder descriptions and file names.
It now only matches exact strings instead of substrings.  And, it's
about a million times faster, especially on queries with few results.

I also improved the speed of most other queries, which in turn
should lower the load on the db server, which should make everything
even faster.

The one exception is random folders, which is still fairly slow (that
feature may go away soon until it can be made fast).

KL

Very cool!  I'm glad it's up and working again.  But I have a question
pertaining to uploading .zip files.  Is Brickshelf currently accepting them
for uploading?  Because when I try to upload my zipped up files, IE churns
away like it's uploading them, but when the screen switches to my folder,
there's nothing in there.  Is this a problem with Brickshelf, or a problem
with my file?

I've checked my files and none of them have spaces in them, and I've even
tried uploading .zip files in smaller blocks of files, but still, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wilson