 Publishing / 3661
3660  |  3662
Subject:
Brick Trail Mouse Trail Effect
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 02:20:24 GMT

Hi!

I am a bit of a programmer (emphisis on "a bit") and I used a cut and paste
code from http://www.dynamicdrive.com to create a mouse trail using ldraw
bricks.  Copy the code from the text file and use it, just retain the
credits at the top.

Because I am only "a bit" of a programmer, I couldn't figure out how to add
two more images to the script, so right now it only supports two images, and
in the patriotic spirit, they are red and blue.  Any help here would be
greatly appreciated, the day I can have all four colors will be awesome.

It is easy to change the brick colors to others.  I have four colors
uploaded into my b-shelf acccount; yellow, blue, red and green.  You can
upoload to your account or web site any other color and use it.  I will soon
be adding more myself. (When I, or someone else, can add additional image
capabilities to it.)

To change the brick color, follow these steps...

Scroll down, past the CSS code, past the script tags, past the grouping of
four lines of comments to the variable declarations.  The last two lines
declare the image files.  At the end of the path, the actual file name of
the images are declared after the final forward slash "/" in the file path.
(ie ".../brickblue.gif") Change the color name after "brick" to red, blue
yellow or green.  You're done!

I use this in my auctions.  If you want a peak at what the code looks like,
go here, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747870342
(remember to move around the mouse).

Once again, I am just "a bit" of a programmer, so please, if you can help me
add the capability for two more images on the mouse trail, please do so.

Thanks!

~Just your neighborhood lugneter,
Jeremy Scott