 Publishing / 3447
Re: Another thing to add to the list...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 22:13:07 GMT

"Curt" <CommanderCurt@msn.com> writes:
Thanks to all who offered their suggestions (by email and by posting). I
used (and will use) many of your suggestions. Now I need another thing:

Several people have told me they think my music is annoying. I would like to
keep the music, but i'd like to know a way to get it to turn off. So that
visitors can have the option of listening or not.

Music should never run automatically on websites.

If someone wants their computer to suddenly erupt in sound, they
should have to do something to cause that to happen.  It can be very
embarrasing in the office when all the people in nearby cubicles go
"Where's that music coming from?"...

If you must offer the music make a button that opens a popunder window
that has the music embedded, or have an MP3 that they can click to
download.

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!