 Publishing / 309
    Re: The Mavica (was Re: ThrowBots elements are cool) —Steve Bliss
   (...) Starting with a 256-color image probably won't give you the best comparision. If you've got a 24-bit image 'lying around', try your tests on that one. There's also a variation of JPEG, called (in Paint Shop Pro) "progressive encoding". Does (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: The Mavica (was Re: ThrowBots elements are cool) —Mike Stanley
     (...) Isn't that the kind of JPG that you can put on the web and have it load a bit at a time (bad description) ? (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: The Mavica (was Re: ThrowBots elements are cool) —Selçuk Göre
   (...) I've been facing some jpgs throughout the web which like the old "interlaced" gifs, (showing up on the page as a whole but very coarse image at the time of opening the page, and improves itself as d/l continue). I've also heard or read (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.publish)