 Publishing / 3050
    Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question) —George Haberberger
   Steve, I can explain better using black and white printers; for color, just add four times the explanation. For a monochrome printer, there is a tradeoff between lpi and grayscales. If you have a 600 dpi printer, and you chose a 600 lpi screen, you (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: From Screen to Paper Printing (PPI/DPI Question) —Richard Marchetti
   (...) I may still be confused slightly. From that article I gather that no printer (professional printing device) cares about anything above 200 LPI. The article further claims that one would generally want to print from an image 2 times the desired (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)