 Publishing / 3007
Re: HTML/CSS Table Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:50:59 GMT

If you put "border=1" in the table tag, you get a 2 pixel border. Is that
good enough? If you really wanted, you could nest the table within another
table and set the outer table's background color to the border color and
it's padding to 1. Then set the inside table's cell spacing to 1 and make
each cell have a white background(or whatever else you want..)

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

In lugnet.publish, Kyle Keppler writes:

Hmm, so you want each cell to have a border of 1 px? What I gave you should
just give you a general border around the entire table.

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

In lugnet.publish, Tim Courtney writes:
"Kyle Keppler" <kindustries@mediaone.net> wrote in message
In your stylesheet put:

table{border: 1px solid #color}

Change color to what ya want. Just setting the borderwidth to 1 in the • table
tag may work too...

I figgered that much out so far - but here's one for you....

You have to put style="border: 1px black solid" in each TD cell (I'm not
using a separate CSS file) to give each cell the border you want it to have.
Anyways, if two cells butt up to each other, the line is double thickness.
Is there any way to turn some sides on and others off, or better yet, is
there a better solution to this mess?

Maybe I should try the outside CSS file, I'll see how that works.

Thanks

-Tim