 Publishing / 2788
Re: Snarfing directories from Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:27:12 GMT

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> writes:

Kevin,

If I wanted to get a full directory of images from Brickshelf, what's the
best way to do this?  (Hopefully not image-by-image...  My ISP allows me to
download tarballs of directories if I have permission to read those
directories via FTP. :-)  I'm mainly concerned with getting at my own
directories, though it'd be real sweet to snarf some other folks' stuff for
a local copy of supreme coolness.

I solved this "problem" by writing a smallish perl program
that gets the HTML pages from brickshelf (for a given folder or member),
parses them and proceeds to mirror the images to my Archive.

Anyway, I was just thinking that, since Brickshelf allows uploading of
groups of files in a ZIP (presumably using Info-ZIP or some similar,
easy-to-use library or command-line tool) that downloading of groups of
files could happen in a similar way.

Brickshelf already provides this for the scans, but then
again the scans library is pretty static. I could think of a few
ways to automate the server-side part of the zip generation, but
I already have a solution that Works For Me (tm) ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"