 Publishing / 2627
Re: Help on D-Link DSC-350 USB Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:33:43 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Ryan Dennett writes:
Hi all,

I was looking at different digital cameras and I came across this D-Link
DSC-350 USB Digital Camera, which retails for between $110 & $130.
I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased or used one of these.

Ryan,

The best thing I can suggest is checking the Active Buyers Guide (at, I
think, activebuyersguide.com)  It's got reviews and such, plus a
questionnaire that will help determine the "best" digital camera for you
to get.

For taking photos of LEGO, good closeup performance is key.  The
memory is not as important for this, since you'll probably be near enough
to your computer to download the shots even in the middle of a shoot - but
if you're going to use it for other things, then memory might be more
important.

You say it's got 8mb of memory - is it built-in?  I would suggest looking
for a camera that can use removable media of some kind - that way if you
need more, you can just buy it and swap cards/discs/whatever.

I also *strongly* suggest going to a camera or electronics store and
trying the camera out yourself - taking pictures of the kind that you'd be
using the camera for.  Ask to view them on a PC to see what the results
look like. There's no substitute for the real experience.