 Publishing / 2545
  HTML table cells

Is there a tag that establishes the width of cells in a table? I tried "cellwidth=x" but it didn't seem to work. (I looked for this in a few table FAQs but didn't see anything like it.) Any help appreciated! Rick Kurtzuba (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML table cells

(...) I think it is just Width=x Try this link. I have it book marked and find it helpful when writing code. (URL) Just scroll down to TABLE. BEN GATRELLE (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML table cells

(...) It is. If you look at (URL) used it on both. eric (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML table cells

Thanks, Eric and Ben! (And double thanks for replying so quickly.) Yet more proof that LUGNET is a boon to all of humanity. . .not that I needed more proof. ;) Rick Kurtzuba (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML table cells

(...) just "width=x" should do it. However, this doesn't always work as expected, so you should put a 1x1 pixel image with "hspace=x" in the image tag, where x is (0.5 * (width - 1)) inside the first table cell of each column. HTH, --Bram Bram (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML table cells

(...) Indeed. But contrast Width=50 with Width=50%. One is specific, one is proportional. Both have their uses, and knowing when to use which is an art. ++Lar (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.publish)