 Publishing / 2494
Re: CSV delimiters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:02:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Anders Isaksson writes:
The MS programs (and many others too, as followers) don't use the literal
comma, but the Windows system parameter 'List separator'. This means for me
here in Sweden, where we are using comma for decimal point and semicolon as
list separator, that Excel produces a 'CSV' file with semicolons as
separators, and decimal commas (and sometimes the point as thousands
separator)!!!

Dang.  THAT is a very important piece of info -- thanks!

OK...  Are there any popular programs out there (on the level of Excel, etc.)
which only handle CSV text and don't handle tab-delimited text data?

--Todd