 Publishing / 2470
    Fictional technology —Ryan J. Farrington
   I was wondering if anyone else has come up with technical explanations for fictional technology. I am putting my own Space sub-theme on the web site I'm building, and want to include explanations of things like 'shields', 'lasers', and other things. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Fictional technology —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) I have, mainly for my HMSDS series and most recently for my nanofig-scale models. Some buzzwords include "neutrino thrust stardrive", "fruitcake (highly-ionized depleted neutronium, probably a tightly bonded barium-3-carbon material)", etc. I (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.publish)