 Publishing / 2266
  Re: Forced refresh of html pages instead of getting them from browser cache

(...) Some browsers (I don't remember which ones, sorry) don't respect this. It's best to combine this with the expires header, I think. :( (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Forced refresh of html pages instead of getting them from browser cache

(...) Here's what I do to guarantee no caching: void printCGIheader(){ printf("Content-type: text/html\n"); printf("Expires: 0\n"); printf("Cache-control: no-cache\n"); printf("Pragma: no-cache\n"); printf("\n"); } void printCookieHeader(char (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Forced refresh of html pages instead of getting them from browser cache

(...) Wicked excellent. I'm going to try that. So the cookie rationale there is to avoid having cookies accidentally set twice, yes? In case one of the caching entities isn't smart enough to automatically not cache pages containing set-cookie (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Forced refresh of html pages instead of getting them from browser cache

(...) I'm not sure what you mean by cookies being set twice. The two functions above are used for non-logged in state and logged-in state respectively. Every page access while logged in causes the cookie to be set (notice they are not (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)