 Publishing / 2220
Re: Sith Infiltrator 7151 Alternative Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 00:35:56 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Adam Hoekwater writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Kyle Keppler writes:

At my local Wal*Mart they have photo disks, photo CD's and online storage.  I
looked ino this one day and you get low resoulution images for 3$ on a disk,
high resoulution images on a CD for 7$!!!! Too expensive.  But then they have
online storage for $4. This way they develope the images and then store them
online for 30 days on a special pasword proteced site. Then you can just save
them to your harddrive and edit them away! And as far as I know you still
have to pay the fee for normal developing and then this stuff is extra. I
have yet to try any of this but the next time I have to photo some lego I'm
gonna try it and see what happenes...

HTH

-kyle

http://hifiki.tripod.com

This afternoon I'll be picking up some pictures from Wal*Mart, and I did
request this "pictures online" service. I'll let you know how they turn out.
-Adam

Okay, sorry about that huge delay. Death in the family, new baby, blah blah
blah... So here's the deal with the Wal-Mart "Pictures Online" service:

It costs about $3.75 extra. They give you a roll ID and password in with your
prints. You go to www.wal-mart.com and log in to their Photo Center (which, of
course, means registering with your name, email, and zip code 8^\), then they
show you your thumbnails, and give you the option to archive them on your area
of their site. But of course you want to get them onto your hard drive ASAP,
so you click on "Download", and they give you a choice of Thumbnails (why?),
Regular resolution (800x600), or High resolution (2500x1800 or something, but
it costs $0.86 per pic to download at that res.) I chose to download all my
pics at once at the Regular resolution. Then I got the choice to have them in
a .zip file or a self-extracting .exe file. I chose the zip option. They look
good. See <http://www.nd.edu/~ahoekwat/pictures/newborn.jpg> Your mileage may
vary, but if you don't have another way to get digital pics, this may be a
good option.

-Adam