 Publishing / 2151
Re: photography question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:24:11 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@home.com> wrote in message
news:FxC15I.5Jq@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.starwars, Chris Dadd writes:

Anyways - how do people take pictures of their creations. What kind of
film/camera do people use, etc...

Most people use a digital camera. Especially for publishing pictures on the
web, such a camera is a great investment!
Amazon.com has a buying guide for cameras here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/554//002-0104735-6004070
This is the same link as from http://www.lugnet.com/publish/

I use a Canon Powershot A50, it gives great result and good closeups (I find
closeups important for photographing LEGO especially when minifigs). When
buying a camera my advise is to check what the zoom functions can do, it is
better to have an optical zoom than a digital zoom IMHO.
Here is an example of the closeups my camera produces:
http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/town/images/flowers02.jpg

The best part of using a digital camera is that you can take a few shots and
see the results immediately, when you're not happy with the pictures just
take a few new ones. You can't do that so easily with film. On the whole
it's easier than developing film and scanning the pictures.

I built a really cool (at least I think so) Battlestar Galactica and I • want
to take a picture & post it.

Be sure to post the URL when you've got the pictures! I'm curious!

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/