 Publishing / 2126
  HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

I've posted this question in few HTML news groups, so I figured I'd post it here to, there seem to be some pretty smart coders here on LUGNET. I'm working on a HTML only project (its a demo of a site) and I need to show an image viewer that has zoom (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

(...) Your sample looks like javascript, not HTML-only at all. I'm not saying that to be bitchy -- just a suggestion that you might have better luck asking in javascript forums. (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

(...) A small note about the scaling function you wrote; it isn't ASP, ASP is server side so if the user would press a button, the request has to do a trip to the server and back to make it's effect visible, the code you posted is typically client (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

(...) Frank, I guess I should have worded the orginal question better, I didn't mean to say HTML only, but I think client side only would have been better worded. I realize that the current function isn't ASP. I should have been more clear, my bad. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

Your right Matt, I should have said Client side only, good call. jt (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

(...) [snipped a little] (...) Yup, that is basically it. Also fiddle a little with the iframe's style so it is not too obvious that the picture is inside a frame (no borders and no margins etc.)... I have used the 'function call in another (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: HTML for displaying an Image in a scrollable image box

Frank, Just wanted to thank you for the insight on accessing functions in frame. That was the direction I needed. I was able call the function perfectly with the following syntax: document.frames("Ima...oomLevel); Also the look of the frame was (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.publish)