 Publishing / 1968
Re: MY SITE IS GOOD NOW!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 16:03:37 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.publish, John Aronson writes:
Um well i guess my site isnt totally good.. What browser are you useing?I
tried Netscape(The Best) and explorer(Blah).

Well, I use Blah. :-)

I use Blah 5.0 and it worked for me.. can't say why for me and not you, Shiri.

John, one other small nit before I pour on the praise is that under the 'hi-
res' section, you might want to warn people that there are several pictures
that'll take a bit to download. I know you said 'hi-res' which would indicate
large pix, but I didn't expect that many :) as nice as they were.

Now for the good part: you certainly have a knack for being able to hang armor
on any part of your mechs :) He looks tough, big, and heavy. Quite menacing.

At first, I too found it a bit difficult to figure out basic shapes and facets
(such as 'where the gun ends' and 'where the right knee joint is'). Others
have suggested more of a 'single-color' design which is a good way to go. And
LDraw too has good advantages. Another thing you might try is additional
lighting so that you can get some shadows into your pics. Disable or cover the
camera's flash and maybe use another light or two. Then rotate the model for
different pics so the shadows will be different for each pic. That can help
the eye tremendously in figuring out contours. Not only that, you can get some
really rockin shots with different lighting. I assume you're using a digital
camera, so you can do this with no film waste.

-Tom McD.
when replying, no amount of different lighting makes spamcake look good.

BTW, if it isn't already taken, try www.absmecha.net for a url, or some
variant of that (www.absmechaman.net, www.funkymetalpajamas.com, etc.)