 Publishing / 1816
    Re: Haylp! Why does NN take ages to load these tables? —Richard Franks
   (...) I dunno about jpg, but iff and gif store the dimensions and colour-depth (roughly what size buffer to allocate) in the first few bytes of the image - I'd have guessed that most other formats were the same. Richard (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Haylp! Why does NN take ages to load these tables? —Bram Lambrecht
   (...) But what if the html is completely loaded before the image even begins loading? Or what if you're browsing without images on (not that many people do that anymore...)? --Bram (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.publish)