 Publishing / 1200
    favicon.ico —Paul Foster
    Now that I have my own domain, I have been analyzing my traffic logs and I keep seeing request for favicon.ico. I seem to remember a discussion on this being an MSIE feature. Can someone give the lowdown on this or a pointer about it? Paul -- (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: favicon.ico —Axel Poqué
   That's right. When you add a web site to MSIE's favourites list, it displays a little icon next to it. Apparently (as you can see from your logs) it tries to get this from the chosen site. Failing this, MSIE then defaults to his own icon (a little (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)