 Promotional / 702
Re: New Shell promos... where?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 00:24:43 GMT

Echoing Karls info,
It would seem the Shell Stations got a lot of the "leftovers" from the
European promo.There were small round sticker in each of the 2500 series
that you could stick on a card to see if you got them all,
Like a checkoff list. Never saw those at any stations.

Some Shell stations in the North east also got the 1246-1256 line.
Relatives there sent me some for out that way.

(Shameless Plug)
Still got one set of the 1246-1256 in safekeeping.

In lugnet.promo, Karl Barger writes:
In lugnet.promo, Jeff Garbers writes:
Does anyone know if Shell is currently running any LEGO promos? If so,
where? A few of the Shell stations here in the Atlanta area never heard of
such a thing. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I am not aware of any Shell promos that are currrently underway.  Some
stations may have "left-overs" from a couple of promos that went on last year.

The most recent Shell promotion of which I was aware was during the
Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays last year.  That promo ran from
approximately 11/20 through 12/31.  The toys differed between the Southern
California area and the rest of the nation.

In Southern Califormia, the following sets were available:

1246  Helicopter
1247  Police Car
1248  Fire Boat
1249  Medic Motorcycle
1250  Dragster
1251  Go Cart
1252  Tanker
1253  Transporter
1254  Select Store
1255  Car Wash
1256  Service Station

The rest of the nation had the following sets available:

2535  Race Car
2536  Water Jet
2537  River Raft
2538  Crossbow Flamer