 Promotional / 584
Re: Aid to finding Shell Promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:07:35 GMT

I called Shell Consumer Affairs, and a very helpful lady gave me the list of
all stations in Wisconsin that are carrying the sets.
I've already gone and picked up the sets I want :-), the participating
station closest to me had all the sets in stock and had LEGO signs around
their perimeter to promote it.
Wisconsin legomaniacs should check out the local wi groups, I have posted
the list of stations there.

John

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Since I am having a tough time finding the Shell promo sets here in NC, I
get lots of blank stares from people who have no idea what I am talking
about, I decided to put something together to help convey to people what I
am asking about.

I ran an Acrobat capture for the Shell promo (2535-2556) sets from • Brickset
(http://www.brickset.co.uk) which I have placed on Brickshelf
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/misc/shell_promo.pdf) so others may
use it as well.  I plan to print it out and keep it in my truck.  Instead • of
trying to explain to people what I am looking for, I'll simply show them.

I also placed a call to Shell Consumer Affairs (1-888-GO-SHELL) today and
after a number of disconnects with their automated system, finally spoke
with a live person.  It turns out that they have access to some sort of a
list of Shell locations that are "supposed" to be participating in the
promotion.

There are exactly zero Shell stations in the greater Triangle area • (Raleigh,
Durham and Chapel Hill North Carolina, the 919 area code to be specific)
participating.  Several of the "participating" locations are not too far
away (like an hour or so) so I called about half a dozen of them.  Only • one
knew what I was talking about and he didn't have the sets although he
believed he would have them soon.  So the data from Shell Consumer Affairs
should be viewed as suspect.

Anyone know if they are available in Chicago, specifically the Schaumburg
area?  I may have to go out there on Friday.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com