 Promotional / 436
Re: Shell ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:08:54 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Lex Ensing writes:
hi !

anyone here got any clue on if there will
be a new shell promo for the end of this
year, and if so, what it will be ? i hope there will ! ;)

Regards,
Lex

I have a friend that works for the distribution company that handles the LEGO
promos for Shell.  He told me that Shell is planning a LEGO promotion for my
part of the country (Texas) for the holiday season this year.  He hinted at it
being a nationwide promo, but he didn't offer any details.  There is also
going to be another LEGO promotion in California later this year as well
(LEGO2).  He wasn't sure if the two promotions would have the same sets or
not.  My guess is the sets from the promotion that ended in California
recently (sets 2535 through 2544 and 2554 through 2556) will be distributed
nationwide.  According to my friend the following sets may be available only
in California as part of LEGO2:

PIC ITEM ITEM DESCRIPTION
N   1246 Helicopter
N   1247 Police Car
N   1248 Fire Boat
N   1249 Medic Motorcycle
Y   1250 Dragster
Y   1251 Go Cart
Y   1252 Tanker
Y   1253 Transporter
Y   1254 Select Store
Y   1255 Car Wash
Y   1256 Service Station

I added the PIC (picture) column to indicate whether the set was listed in the
LUGNET set search database.  My friend did not have definitive price
information available.  I can't wait to get a hold of some of the 1252's and
1253's.  It looks like the 1256 has some cool orange pieces.  I've had my eye
on the 1252's and 1253's for awhile, but I have decided I would not pay the
scalper prices people are expecting for these two in particular - $20.00 -
$45.00.  My guess is the 1252 and 1253 will go for less than $15.00 each.
Give me a break!

I hope this helps.  I'll post more information as soon as I get it.

Happy building!

Karl
http://www.texlug.org