 Promotional / 39
Re: Football Starter Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 21:25:30 GMT

Jason Maxwell wrote:
I think that's what they are supposed to be, since the keepers have
different color shirts.  The only convention currently is that the starting
goalkeeper is usually number 1.  It used to be that your number depended on
what position you played so 1-11 would start the game on the field and 12-14
would come in off the bench,  The numbers would go from 1 at the goalkeeper
forward on the field to 11 at the striker (attacking forward) position.
Nowadays though everyone where's whatever number they want.

Since this is a UK Starter set 1 and 22 are the goalkeepers - all the
other starter sets have 3 keeper stickers.

P.S. if you have extra Scotland player stickers I'll buy them from you.  I
got the German starter set which comes with the German team and the LEGO
World team.  I'd rather have the Germans play a real team and since the LEGO
World team players are the same as the Scotland ones... (plus I'm a Scottish
football fan)

Busy-Bees still have these Scotland sticker sheets I believe, they are
free if you buy something else.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170