 Promotional / 206
Re: Shell Lego's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:24:24 GMT

Peter Callaway wrote:

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
G'day peeps.

      Having the fortune (or misfortune depending on how you see it) of being
stuck in Sydney Traffic,I noticed the Shell Service Station near me was
selling LEGO Toys.

I've been hanging for this release for a couple of weeks now (even rang Shell
to enquire as to the exact time they would be released). I even only partly
filled my car on Monday (I couldn't push it until Wednesday) so I would *have*
to stop for petrol on Wednesday and <shock horror> pick up some LEGO sets. How
sad is that?!

So far I have;
#1246 Helecopter      $2.95  (very cute - I'll get a couple more)
#1251 Racer           $2.95  (not bad, but it was missing the Shell sticker!!)
#1256 Pump Station    $34.95 (I baulked a bit at the price, but it is still a
cool set. 1x16 non-technic yellow beams!! Haven't seen them before, but then
again I'm not a town fan, and these are probably quite common)
#1255 Car Wash        $24.95 (Cute with the brush thingys)

The other weekly promo sets are;
#1247 Police Car      $2.95
#1248 Fire Boat       $2.95
#1249 Trike           $2.95
#1250 Dragster        $2.95

All these prices are with a $10 purchase. Even though they're releasing one
per week for the next 6 weeks some stores stock all six, like the one near my
work!!!

The other bigger promo sets are;
#1252 Tanker          $14.95
#1253 Race Truck      $14.95 (with the Ferrari - very cute)
#1254 Shell Shop      $24.95 (that's a guess, as the set is similar in size to
the Car Wash, but I haven't seen it yet. This one would be a must with the
pump station as currently my cars have nowhere to pay for their petrol ;)

All sets had a few pieces left over (control sticks, 1x1 trans-colour plates
and even a minifig hat and visor) and I'm generally happy with the quality and
parts in the sets. The sets look good next to my S@H McDonalds set. Wife
thinks I've gone nuts. I have gone nuts. I love LEGO.

I can scan in the instruction cover pages if anyone not in OZ is interested,
but I don't have a web page to publish them on. Maybe Huw would be interested
in getting the scans??

Pete Callaway

Don't waste your time with any scans of the larger sets because they are already on
brickshelf.com but if you could mabie scan the full instructions to the smaller
sets (as you get them) and put them on birckshelf.com then i for one would
appreciate it. Just make sure you scan any sticker sheets that come with them if
possible.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com