 Promotional / 1155
Re: does anyone has information about this WDR panel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 09:20:54 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   In lugnet.promo, Sven Reger wrote:

   some weeks ago I bought two panels with WDR sign. Because the original TV sign is under this WDR sign, I think that WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfundfunk, a german TV and radio station) has labeled them for their on needs. The model I built with these panels might be wrong. I have no further information about the panels. I asked the WDR but they didn’t answer me. Perhaps someone out here has instructions or more information about this panel (& set)

   I just got involved with this one this week with the LEGO Archives and Collections folks in Billund. They are investigating this one. I tend not to think that this was a job done by the WDR TV folks, but more than likely a TLG job (especially if someone can verify that they have a copy from a sealed polybag). But everyone has been so patient on this one for so long.

This could end up being one of the “hidden treasures” value wise of all late 20th century sets (this being from 1989). Especially since this appears to have a very low population count (only a few known so far).

Cheers, Gary Istok

P.S. Adding the Jan K. beatiful image of this very interesting set to my next DVD download copy (free to current owners)...

Hi Gary,

thanks for pointing me to that thread!

There are indeed interensting news about this set these weeks... Since there was indeed a copy for sale recently, with the panels still sealed in the original LEGO polybags: http://www.ebay.de/itm/181056912867 (eBay auction ended 2013-01-15 at EUR 259.74, so might not be visible any longer than mid of April 2013)

It has been discussed in the BrickLink forum as well: http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=691090 Apparently, this version of that set was sold with standard 6661 instructions and box only, the overprinted panels are the only modified parts of this set.

A few more images (of my copy) can be seen here, and I do have a few larger images of the misp one sold at eBay saved locally if anyone is interested: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=66712&n=168

Jan